At Roto-o-Rangi School, we combine country values with modern learning. We are committed to providing a positive, stimulating, enjoyable learning environment where your child is encouraged to Aim High and reach their full potential.
Key features of our school include:
- Small enough to focus on each and every learner, but big enough to offer a wide variety of learning opportunities
- Strong relationships between staff and students and between different age groups, creating a family feel.
- Professional, dedicated and experienced staff
- More traditional learning environments but utilising technology and current teaching practices to deliver powerful learning programmes
- Whole school activities: Agriculture day, Book Week, Jump Jam, camps, sports days and events.
- Additional learning opportunities: individual or group - tennis, music and swimming lessons
- Before and After School Care
- Bus transport for both town and country children
- Extremely well resourced through an effective PTA
- We live by our motto of 'Aim High'
The school’s positive culture is strongly influenced by high quality teaching and the explicit promotion of values set in consultation with the community.
Our six school values are:
Respect: Admire the good qualities of yourself and people - young and old. Behave in a way that shows you care about their feelings and well-being
Caring: Giving careful thought and kindness to yourself and others
Responsibility: Take care of something or somebody and carry it out as a duty to yourself and others
Enthusiasm: Enjoy giving things your best, using a positive attitude
Co-operation: Working together to achieve a goal
Resilience: Taking on a challenge and recovering from any setbacks