Sport and Physical Education
We encourage all our children to have a go in as many
- improve their general health and wellbeing
- develop their skills and build self confidence
- develop balance, coordination, agility and flexibility
- learn social skills, teamwork, and sportsmanship by showing children how to be supportive, enjoy success, and accept disappointment
There are opportunities for students to join sports teams throughout the year, with different sports codes running depending on the season.
- Miniball (junior basketball) runs throughout the year and is usually played on Monday evenings
- Touch Rugby is played on Friday evenings during the summer months
- Winter Sports i.e. Hockey, Netball and Rugby, are now run by Cambridge sports clubs rather than the schools. If your child is interested in playing one of the sports you will need to sign them up with either Leamington, Hautapu or Tom Voyle Park sports clubs.