At Roto-o-Rangi School, we combine country values with modern learning. We are committed to providing a positive, stimulating, enjoyable learning environment where your child is encouraged to Tuumanako Teitei/Aim High and reach their full potential.
Key features of our school include:
- Small enough to focus on each and every learner, but big enough to offer a wide variety of learning opportunities
- Strong relationships between staff and students and between different age groups, creating a family feel.
- Professional, dedicated and experienced staff
- More traditional learning environments but utilising technology and current teaching practices to deliver powerful learning programmes
- Whole school activities: Agriculture day, Book Week, Jump Jam, camps, sports days, electives and events.
- Additional learning opportunities: individual or group - tennis, music and swimming lessons
- Before and After School Care
- Bus transport for both town and country children
- Extremely well resourced through an effective PTA
- We live by our motto of 'Aim High / Tuumanako Teitei'
The school’s positive culture is strongly influenced by high-quality teaching and the explicit promotion of values set in consultation with the community.
Our six school values are:
Respect/Whakakoha: Admire the good qualities of yourself and others - young and old. Behave in a way that shows you care about their feelings and well-being
Caring/Manaakitia: Giving careful thought and kindness to yourself and others
Resilience/Manahau: Taking on a challenge and recovering from any setbacks
Responsibility/Takohanga: Take care of something or somebody and carry it out as a duty to yourself and others
Enthusiasm/Taakare: Enjoy giving things your best, using a positive attitude
Co-operation/Whakaaro ngaatahi: Working together to achieve a goal